what to wear: plus-size triangle
I worked on a television shoot this week for plus-size women and styled the models, who were sizes 14 and up. It is surprising that more retailers don’t offer clothing in these sizes, especially since the average American woman is a size 14. We happened to have Lane Bryant provide the clothes for the shoot, and I have to say, I was impressed. They offer on-trend designs at a great price.
As far as I’m concerned, the “rules” for plus-size women are no different than they are for smaller sizes: dress for your body type and always try to create an hourglass silhouette to balance out your proportions.
The outfit shown is for a plus-size triangle.
- I chose this textured sateen shirt in a bright color to keep the emphasis on the top of the body.
- Triangles tend to have small waists, so belt it if you’ve got it!
- Again, draw the eye upward with some pretty earrings.
- As always, a great pair of jeans goes a long way. Lane Bryant offers three different fits, by body type, and their “right fit” denim is actually on sale right now!
- The icing on the cake is this pair of splurge-worthy Marc Jacobs booties. The Nine West Ignatious Ruched Boot (not shown) is another option.