what to wear: golf – what’s not to love?
Golf is the perfect sport to pick up after 40 – it’s easy on the joints, is very social, can help build business contacts, and best of all, the outfits are so much fun! I took my first lesson several weeks ago and am hooked. If you’re thinking about taking a few lessons, or haven’t been out on the links in a while but know it’s good for networking, here are some pieces from Athleta.com that will convey cool and calm as you whack those balls around.
Counter clock-wise, I love these pieces:
- The UPF performance polo is great for curvy girls and those who wish they were – the secret’s in the princess seaming. There are also bust darts which, along with the moisture-managing fabric, make this a very comfortable top.
- Scratch skort. This lightweight, semi-fitted skort is made of super soft cotton with Lycra, and is 18 inches long (the mesh undershorts have a 4.5 inch inseam.) Super feminine and comfy.
- The adorable cotton Bunker Bermuda shorts will look great on and off the links. The eleven inch inseam is also nice for those of us who want a little more coverage than the average golf skirt.
- Top it all off with the versatile Venture vest, which isn’t just for golf. You can also wear this as you hike, bike or run Sunday errands.
- Golf shoes, a good glove and these fab Oakley shades will round out your look whether you’re new to the game or have been playing for years.