what to wear: fall weekend – tall
I’ve written about plus-size and petite style but never tall. Today, I figure, this is for the tall girls — but even if you’re not, there is something for everyone here. Many folks think that being tall is easy but finding things long enough is always a challenge. I am really thankful that Gap Inc offers tall sized clothing! I also like it when denim designers do the 36″ inseam versus the “average” 32″ inseam which can only be worn with flats when you are tall (AG Jeans!!)
Today’s look is perfect for the weekend and provides just the right length and proportion to make a tall gal feel stylish for those impromptu gatherings with friends.
- DKNY Scoop Neck Pullover, $195. Since the sleeves are 3/4, you don’t have to worry about length and the pullover is long enough to wear with a skirt (shown) or skinny jeans.
- Velvet Luella Fur Vest, $165. This cropped faux fur vest plays with the proportions nicely by balancing the long tunic and bringing the eye up to your beautiful face.
- Fold-over jersey skirt, $15. Gotta love the price. Old Navy carries this popular skirt in tall and the skirt hem hits just right. To get the midi skirt look, instead of wearing the top waistband folded over, wear it unfolded and pull it down a bit so it goes just past the knee.
- Linea Pelle single wrap leather bracelet, $46. I’m always on the lookout for a cool leather cuff bracelet and this is my fall fave. It comes in tons of colors but the one shown is in bronze.
- Sam Edelman Maddie bootie, $110. As a tall gal, I’m always looking for a stylish heeled shoe that isn’t too high nor too low to be frumpy. This one is a winner! Not to be worn with tights (the jersey skirt will cling), these boots look cute as is with some simple ankle socks. They also look great with tights for heftier fabric skirts and jeans.