how to wear: the sweater dress
The sweater dress is all throughout the stores this season and there’s something for everyone: some short, some knee length, some fitted and some drapey. Here we show two different styles and how to wear.
Cowl neck sweater dress by Rachel Pally. The dress comes in a black or berry color. This right-above-the-knee dress has blouson sleeves and follows the line of your curves. Pair it with:
- Agate pendant braided leather necklace
- Elegantly Waisted double belt in cognac adds some interest
- Ribbed wool tights in acorn paired with a yummy knee-high wedge BCBGirls tobacco suede boot
The Vince boyfriend sweater dress has cute pockets at the bottom and hits mid-thigh. It looks great on inverted triangles and even rectangles can wear because it floats over the tummy area. Because it is short, you want to wear a legging underneath. Try these thick and comfy Theory Stadium skinny pants – they provide more coverage than a legging and look super sleek. Add some style with:
- Stormy blue and gray “Starry Nights” scarf
- Boots look cute with this as well so try either a short ruched boot like Naturalizer’s black boot or go crazy with the over the knee boot trend with a Belle by Sigerson Morrison cuffed suede boot in gray.