how to wear: 15 items, 20+ summer looks – part 2
What 15 items should you have in your closet to create a multitude of outfits with? Well, part 1 of this series covered the first 4 items and today I’m adding 5 more. Here they are:
5. White jeans. White jeans aren’t as sheer as other white pants and can easily work for business casual or the weekend – just make sure to still wear a nude thong underneath! (oh, the things I’ve seen!) These James Jeans slim bootcuts ($163) are known to make your butt look good due to their pocket placement. Plus, they have an 8.5″ rise.
6. Lightweight cardigan. This seafoam-colored draped linen cardigan ($69.50) is 100% soft linen and it’s perfect for work or play. It’s pretty gorgeous in person and if you’re near a Banana Republic store it’s worth checking out. You can wear this with the khaki pants from the 1st post, the white jeans, and much more — it’s that versatile. It also comes in a nice soft white.
7. A neutral-colored knit. Anything goes here as far as style but here I show a crochet sleeveless top in a stretch cotton by Maggie Ward ($198). The crochet detail is a big trend right now and can be worn sheer for a hot date out but probably best with a nude or white tank underneath.
8. Hat. A cool, straw fedora hat ($45) looks good on a lot of women and this one is the best I’ve seen and tried on. It’s perfect for those bad hair days or for channeling your inner hipness. The color shown looks great on cool skin and cool-eyed gals. The olive color is fantastic on those with warm skin and eyes.
9. Print top. You just can’t go through the warm months without wearing some prints! From stripes to graphical prints to florals, there is a print for everyone. This silk striped top ($195) shown is by Cynthia Steffe (pronounced STEF-EE) and works great alone or underneath that cardigan. If you’re petite, Nordstroms has a Halogen floral top ($58) that works really well with this set.
Total Outfits = 10: 5+7+8; 5+6+7+8; 5+8+9; 5+6+9; 5+9+2; 5+7+4; 3+9; 3+7+4; 3+1+6+8; 3+6+7
With the 3 eclipses happening this month, realignment is in the air! To take advantage of this energy, I’ve decided to launch a 21-day makeover challenge! Join me for $125 and you’ll receive daily emails directly from me that will guide you in refocusing your style.