What 15 items should you have in your closet to create a multitude of outfits with? Well, part 1 of this series covered the first 4 items and today I'm adding 5 more. Here they are:
5. A neutral-colored sweater. Anything goes here as far as style but here I show a oatmeal kimono sleeve cowl neck in wool/cashmere by Joie. This style works well for broad shouldered gals and looks good with a straight leg or skinny jean.
6. Dark neutral jacket. This black Bailey 44 Army Jacket is made in a ponte knit so it doesn't wrinkle and is perfect for work or play. You can wear this with the gray pants from the 1st post and the jeans — it's that versatile. It comes in olive or black so both warm and cool color temperatures are covered.
7. Dark wash denim. Make sure you have a good pair of jeans that can work for weekend or date night easily. These DKNY skinny jeans have a 10″ non-frumpy rise and are only $59.
8. White top. Depending on what white you can wear (tip: match the whites of your eyes), go for this ivory knotted top or a white scoopneck (not shown.) The top works well paired with just about everything or alone with just the scarf.
9. Scarf. Something lightweight like this silk/cashmere persimmon scarf works well as a wrap or a scarf. If you are a rectangle, get two scarves (one to replace the belt) — one square/wrap style and one long + skinny.
Total Outfits = 6: 5+7; 6+8+7; 7+8+9; 3+6+8+9; 7+8+1; 2+7+1+4