Conference season is in full-swing and I was asked recently what a plus-sized gal should wear to look professional yet still be comfortable at a conference because there is quite a bit of sitting involved.
Fortunately, there are lots of great choices out there in larger sizes for the professional woman.Â You'll discover tons of online stores that cater specifically to these sizes and one of my absolute favorites is Kiyonna.com. They have simple, clean, tailored clothes at reasonable prices.Â I absolutely LOVE their stretch poplin wrap blouse and it comes in 4 different colors.
So, what to wear?Â Take the simple basics with you that are able to mix and match easily (you don't want to weigh yourself down with heavy luggage).Â You want two pants, two jackets that match your pants, four blouses/tops,Â dark wash jeans, a black skirt, and one dress.Â Below are the essentials I selected from Kiyonna.com, LaneBryant.com, alight.com, and Avenue.com using black, gray and white neutrals — you'll want to add color with one top and the dress.
- Saddle-Stitch Shirt Jacket in Gray, $69.50
- Stitch-Detail Jacket in Black, $69.50
- Stretch Poplin Wrap Blouse in Black, $68
- Stretch Faux Wrap Shirt in Miami Blue, $39.95
- Draped top in Gray, $34.50
- 3/4 Sleeve Camp Shirt in White, $47.60
- Star Spangled Jean in Dark Wash, $54
- Jersey Pleated Skirt in Black, $52
- Stretch Gabardine Wide Leg Trousers in Black and Gray, $98
The wrap tops look adorable with the pants or skirt and you can pair the black jacket with the dress for day and then wear the dress alone in the evening.